[dk] [fsfw-intern] Fwd: New Wiki project: Guidelines for Assured Organisations

vv01f vv01f at riseup.net
Mo Jan 26 00:50:19 CET 2015

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Wiki project: Guidelines for Assured Organisations
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 00:32:34 +0100
From: Bernhard Fröhlich <bernhard at cacert.org>
To: cacert-education at lists.cacert.org

Hello my fellow education list subscribers,

new features in the CAcert website for Org Accounts (see
https://blog.cacert.org/2014/12/creating-certificates-with-csr-now-possible-for-org-accounts/)

IMHO now allow CAcert certificates to be used productively in day-to day
business of organisations like commercial companies or associations,
even without CAcert's root certificate being included in browsers!

It may also open up new opportunities for CAcert Assurers as Org Admins
for Assured Organisations.

To help Organisations to introduce CAcert certificates, as well as to
spread knowledge useful for Org Admins, I'm trying to start a new
project in the WiKi. This is not so much intended for the purely
technical usage of the Org Admins console (this already exists in the
form of
https://wiki.cacert.org/OrganisationAssurance/OA/OrgAdmin/Handbook/EN)
but the organisational issues and practical hints how to get some
additional value from CAcert certificates.

Since currently the progress on browser inclusion is so painfully slow,
maybe OrgAssurance can become the killer application for CAcert?

I just created the new page
https://wiki.cacert.org/Brain/Study/EducationTraining/AssuredOrganisations,
which is currently little more than a stub for the idea. And I'd invite
everyone interested to add ideas, questions and content to it.

If you need a starter, please just drop me note!

Kind regards
Ted
;)

Dateiname   : signature.asc